What is uFlex?
uFlex is a small PHP user authentication library.
Why try uFlex?
There are tons of PHP user authentication classes and libraries. As a PHP developer I don't want to waste no ones time nor persuade anybody to use this class so I'll be straight forward. Here are some key features of the uFlex class:
- Flexible and extensible object oriented API to build your authentication system
- Handles custom fields thanks to its hybrid and dynamic field validation mechanism
- Built-in methods to handle the most common process in an authentication system such as user registration, updating info, password resets, account activation and more...
- Handle database connection, only making a connection on demand when needed
- Unit Tested and promptly updated with user FeedBack
- Its open source and inline documented, PHPdoc style
- Built-in logging console, tracking every step, every error and every process. Great for debugging.
- Optimized for AJAX use. For example: checking user availability as user types
- Built-in common hash generator plus homegrown integer encoder and decoder(more reliable than base64) to maximize hash security
- Since version 0.96 the class implements a factory to manage/update users other then the current user. Refer to manageUser().
- Since version 1.0.0 uFlex is available on Composer so you can add it as a dependency to your Composer based projects.
What uFlex is not?
Like any PHP class uFlex is a tool not a script. Here is what uFlex doesn't do for you:
- It doesn't handle sending email, though it provides the required info for sending email. Like the hash for activating an account
Copyright © 2010-2018 Pablo Tejada, All Right Reserved.